By improving production processes, it is possible to produce more using fewer inputs and yet without sacrificing quality.
As TSKB, we help our business partners cut their production costs by providing them with financing models for their resource-optimization process and technology investments.
Resource efficiency is a way to deliver more with less.
The efficient use of natural resources is critical for the sustainable development of the economy. Being the leading bank for Turkey’s sustainable economic development, TSKB contributes to long-term competitiveness and tackling climate change by encouraging Turkish private sector companies to invest in resource efficiency.
Advantages of investing in Resource Efficiency:
- Higher profits with cost savings
- Increased productivity with waste management and recycling
- Reducing risk of investment with resource efficiency audits
- Securing resource supply
- Higher production capacity with technological modernization
- More sales revenue with the increase in product quality
- Low-carbon production with the reduction of CO2 emissions
- Reducing the environmental impact of resources
- Long-term competitive power
Important Practice Areas
Water resources are significant for society and the ecosystem and it’s needed for agriculture, energy production, navigation, recreation, and manufacturing. The main issue regarding water use is the abundance, availability and quality of its sources in nature. Although the situation regarding water sources depends on local conditions, climate change may also have significant effects on it. As temperatures rise, people and animals need more water to maintain their health and thrive. On the other hand, water and energy systems are interconnected. This means that energy is required for the water pumping, transportation and treatment processes. Therefore, the water has to be used efficiently to improve or even maintain today’s living standards in the future.
Water efficiency practices:
- Reduction of the consumption of municipal water
- Withdrawal from surface or groundwater sources
- Increasing the proportion of re-used or recycled process water
- Minimizing wastewater charges
- Grey water and process waste water recycling technology
- Water reclamation technologies to enable waste and industrial water to be treated for other uses
- Technologies enable the switching from wet to dry industrial processes
- Improved irrigation technologies such as drip irrigation, capillary technologies, improved sprinkler systems
- Rainwater harvesting equipment/ installations
- Smart water meter systems
Natural resources are used in production and then consumed as goods or services. Reducing the amount of waste with the effective use of materials associated with production and consumption, is an important objective of today’s economy. Toxic and non-biodegradable wastes need to be managed with care. In terms of energy conservation and protection of natural resources, the reduction of materials arising as waste during production processes, also energy and emissions, is of great importance.
Waste reduction practices
- Minimize waste through the upgrade and modernization of production systems
- Reuse waste streams
- Reclamation of commercially valuable waste materials
- Recycle waste and components of waste streams
- Incinerate waste to generate energy
The living standard of any country is considered to be proportional to its energy consumption. World energy demand is met by mainly fossil fuels. By using alternative energy sources and implementing energy efficiency it’s possible to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and thus GHG emissions.
Energy efficiency practices
- Energy efficient technologies
- Plant modernization
- Power generation from waste heat
- Energy optimization
- Reduction of primary energy consumption
- Reduction of fossil fuels usage
- Use of renewable energy resources
Resource Efficiency Funding Model
- Growth-oriented private sector companies operating in Turkey
- TSKB’s self-assessment questionnaire based on the commercial, operational and technical business elements, to identify the potential resource efficiency needs of businesses.
- TSKB’s evaluation of the financial, economic and technical aspects of potential projects.
- The provision of technical support for resource efficiency audits and concept design of potential projects, depending on their size and content.
- Finance model structured specifically for investment.
We share our technical expertise with our clients who require advice and assessments to support their resource efficiency projects.
- Proposing sustainable energy solutions
- Resource assessment and walk-through audits to improve the investment project
- Analysis of the economic and financial benefits of the proposed investment
- Support the selection of eligible equipment and enhanced performance technologies