Resource Efficiency and TSKB
TSKB’s Resource Efficiency Vision
The efficient use of natural resources is critical for the sustainable development of the economy. Being the leading bank for Turkey’s sustainable economic development, TSKB contributes to long-term competitiveness and tackling climate change by encouraging Turkish private sector companies to invest in resource efficiency.
TSKB’s Funding of Resource Efficiency
TSKB, which has the status of being a bank that specializes in environmental investments and renewable energy projects, has begun to include resource efficiency projects in its portfolio.
As of end of 2015 a totally 40 projects of 11 companies were financed and TSKB providing €57.7 million to resource efficiency projects in private sector industries such as chemical, salt, automotive industries.
Funds provided from international financial institutions for Resource Efficiency by TSKB
- IFC - Pollution Abatement Loan (03/06/2013)
- KfW Development Bank Credit Line for Resource Efficiency in the Industry (20/11/2013)
- KfW - Resource Efficiency and Environment (31/10/2014)
- EBRD - Resource Efficiency (21/11/2014)
- EIB - Energy and Environment (24/11/2014)
- IFC - Climate Smart Loan (21/09/2015)
- AFD Sustainable Tourism and Innovative Renewable Energy Loan (13/03/2015)
Resource Efficiency Funding Model
- Growth-oriented private sector companies operating in Turkey
- TSKB’s self-assessment questionnaire based on the commercial, operational and technical business elements, to identify the potential resource efficiency needs of businesses.
- TSKB’s evaluation of the financial, economic and technical aspects of potential projects.
- The provision of technical support for resource efficiency audits and concept design of potential projects, depending on their size and content.
- Finance model structured specifically for investment.
We share our technical expertise with our clients who require advice and assessments to support their resource efficiency projects.
- Proposing sustainable energy solutions
- Resource assessment and walk-through audits to improve the investment project
- Analysis of the economic and financial benefits of the proposed investment
- Support the selection of eligible equipment and enhanced performance technologies